Welcome To Dadabhai Naoroji Library & Information Center
|Visit Today : 1
An Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Under the National Mission on Education through ICT.
Find open access journals & articles
The Gokhale Centenary College was established in 1966. In the beginning, it had a small library was housed in a class-room in PMHS school. When the college was shifted to its own building on the highway (N H 67) in the year 1967. the library started functioning in the class-room – one room for stocking and issuing books, and other room for reading. A library is the centre of academic activities in the life of a college. Late Dr. Dinakara Desai, Founder-Chairman of the Kanara Welfare Trust, had a clear vision as regards the college. He knew the importance of library in the college life. Thanks to his foresight, a separate structure was built up in 1971 for the library in the campus. In the year May 1970, foundation stone of independent library building was laid by shri S.S.Wodeyar, then Registrar of Karnataka University. The newly constructed library building was inaugurated by Jaylaxammanni Urs, the Director of Colligate Education, Bangalore on 3rd Oct 1971. The library has been named after Dadabhai Naoroji, Grand Old Man of India.
PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- Digital Library
- Library Automation
- Electronic Resources
- Internet Browsing
- Reference Services
- Repro graphic Services
- Departmental Library
- Other Services
Working Hours of the Library:
9.30 a.m – 5.30 p.m on Week Days.
9.30 a.m – 2.00 p.m on Saturdays
Working Days of the Library:
The Library functions on all working days. It is closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- To develop the entrepreneurial skills of students and make them human and responsible citizens.
- Develop user focus, user-centered culture in designing and developing information services.
- Acquire information/knowledge in print as well as non-print resources based purely on general needs of the users.
- Appropriate technology based services to users.
- Develop User Instructional Programs to extend basic information literacy competencies and life-long learning skills.
- Dissemination of information services as a pro-active activity.
- Outreach and Marketing of information services to attract and cultivate knowledge consumers.
- Adopting evaluate tools at regular intervals for improving the efficiency of user services.